The upholstered furniture at home or office can take lots of wear and tear daily. Even if you and your family are careful, mishaps like a spilled glass of wine and muddy paw prints are just a part of your lifestyle. The right way to get rid of stains from your furniture like sofas, chairs, benches, ottomans, and other fabric-covered pieces is not to avoid food and pets from the living room. You should act fast when such mishaps happen. Know your fabric very well to handle spills, stains and other mishaps easily.
Upholstery is one of the significant investments for most homeowners. You must be aware that maintaining the upholstered furniture ensures that it lasts a good, long while. But you should not choose your all-purpose cleaner or the same cleaning methods no matter what the material. Instead, you should go through the manufacturer guidelines before you scrub down and consider the below-discussed tips.
1. Interpret cleaning codes.
You should carefully follow the instruction manual. Always read the necessary information about the upholstered furniture. It may be in a care pamphlet provided with the product or a tag sewn into a seam. The information should tell you what it is made out of and how to clean the material safely. Take a look at some common codes present on the labels.
WS – Use a mild detergent with a steam vacuum or a dry-cleaning detergent.
S- Use a dry cleaning detergent only.
X- Use vacuum only and no water.
W – Use water to clean.
2. Blot the spills.
Take a well-absorbent cloth to blot the spill area and moisture to absorb it faster. It will help you minimise the probability that the stain will be rubbed in and collect liquid soaking into foam layers under the upholstery. The more liquid you absorb by blotting, the less will be internal damage your furnishings will get.
3. Try to steam clean the stubborn stains.
You might think that you have to live with dirty armrests or dried spills for the lifetime of a seat. But you can consider steam cleaning to lift the embedded dirt from the fabric. Probably, the steam mop for floors is the right tool for this job especially when it comes to a detailed cleaning attachment.
It’s wise to use a low-heat setting and test in an inconspicuous spot to ensure that the heat doesn’t badly affect the fabric quality. Never steam heat on silk-made upholstered furniture.
4. Never use plain water to clean microfibre surfaces.
When you use plain water, it can cause dried watermarks and spots on your microfibre upholstery. Instead, you can rub alcohol to clean microfibre. You can apply it with a spray bottle and use a clean cloth to lift the stain when it loosens up.
5. Avoid using fabric softeners.
Avoid using fabric softeners on any washable upholstery. Rather, you can use free and clear detergents that don’t contain scents or dyes and choose to line dry or dry fat. You should never put upholstery through the dryer.
Bottom Line –
These are only a few tips you should consider for upholstery cleaning at your home. Whether you need to schedule upholstery cleaning in Fulham or want upholstery cleaning in Hammersmith, W6, you should look no further than Fully Carpet Clean. Please contact us today at 02070 960636 and let us get back to you with a free upholstery cleaning quote.
Some people have a question in their mind that what they will do to their lavished upholstery furniture which looks dirty & dingy! They wonder how they clean it. At Fully Carpet Clean we offer specialize upholstery cleaning for all our clients in SW6, Fulham. Our cleaning team assure making your lavished furniture look as new as you purchase. We have the solution even if your sofa does not have a removable cover. Our upholstery & sofa cleaning experts hold the expertise to do some of the best in the industry.
Professional upholstery & sofa cleaning service is the best way to extend the life of your lavished furniture. It is good to revitalize its appearance and remove stains and remove the odours. We deep clean the complete furniture item, using only the best cleaning products. We assure you will achieve the best results that you have ever found from others. Our expert upholstery cleaning team in Fulham always assess the fabric of your upholstery or sofa before the cleaning process. We undertake a colour test if we feel it necessary.
We propose a 4 to 8-hour drying time depending on the upholstery item and the level of cleaning necessary due to the nature of the deep cleaning process. We have years of upholstery cleaning experience and can clean sofas, chairs, benches, and vehicle upholstery. We are properly insured to work on all varieties of upholstery, including fabric and leather. What we did in the upholstery cleaning process are
• Pre-treat the surface- We vacuum the surface thoroughly before we deep clean the upholstery, we vacuum it thoroughly. We pre-spray & pre-treat the difficult stains using the appropriate cleaning solution to aid the removal process.
• Cleaning Equipment- We use state-of-art cleaning equipment & tools in the upholstery cleaning process. Our top-of-the-range water extraction machine has been specially designed to break up dirt, bacteria and allergens that stay deep in the fibres of upholstery items. It will draw out the dirty water and chemicals from the sofa or chair, leaving no residue behind.
• Using the Most Effective Upholstery Cleaning Materials- In every project we do, we use a variety of safe upholstery cleaning solutions. Our cleaning combination is effective to remove stubborn stains and odours. All our cleaning products can be safely used in environments & it is safe for children and pets! We always use eco-friendly options wherever possible.
• Upholstery Protection- We can apply a water-based protection coat to your lavished upholstery or sofa or chairs to protect it from stains. The invisible coating, we use in the cleaning process is almost 100% stain proof. We recommend considering a professional stain protection treatment if you’ve recently acquired new upholstery or a sofa. We guarantee it will provide you additional peace of mind and keep your upholstery looking new for longer!
Customer happiness is our top goal line, and we strive to wow them with our quality of service and attention to detail. We are a family-owned and operated company that always values honesty and integrity. Our pricing is reasonable, and we constantly go above and beyond for our consumers. Once you use our upholstery cleaning in Fulham, you are assured of getting proper care and attention to your sofa. We assure your valued furniture remains in top-notch condition for a very long time.
Your sofa & upholstered furniture likely gets quite a workout every day as your family spends evenings or you enjoy reading every morning, or you often host events in your living room. However, most families don’t give much thought to their sofas and upholstered furniture beyond the comfort they provide. They often forget that such furnishings also trap dust and airborne pollutants! It acts as a magnet that attracts the pollutant and prevents them spreading or remain in the indoor air. Hence it is essential to think about its cleanliness. Scheduling regular upholstery cleaning ensures that your soft yet lavished furnishings are performed at their peak.
Upholstered furniture plays a vital role in trapping pollutants in the home. However, this does not guarantee that you will have dirty furniture. Frequent sofa & upholstery cleaning with a trusted cleaning service, let you keep your lavished furniture & home feeling fresh. We are the leading upholstery & sofa cleaning company in Fulham & Hammersmith W6 area provide complete cleaning solutions. We assure you your soft furnishings are just as clean as they are comfortable.
Everyone wants a fresh and clean home, but keeping up with everything isn’t easy as most people overlook things like sofa & upholstery cleaning. Creating a home upkeep checklist is an excellent way to stay on track. Never forget to keep sofa & upholstery cleaning on the list when you prepare the home upkeep checklist. Here are a few reasons for having your sofa & upholstery professionally cleaned regularly:
• Upholstery collects dust mites, pollen, pet dander, and other allergensquickly. Professional upholstery cleaning can help in reducing the allergen level in your home.
• Bacteria’s occupy the cracks and crevices of your lavished furnishing. Such bacteria are harmful and make your sofa or upholstery smelling bad.
• Lack of regular up-keeping of the sofa or upholstery furniture brings a chain of continuous illness for people living in your home. Our upholstery cleaning in Hammersmith W6 provides exceptional service, and we assure you that the bacteria are killed and your family is safe.
• The sofas or upholsteries can become grimy and dirty and bring adverse impact on its fibre. In most cases, it will make a harmful impact on its colour, and you must notice it in the form of faded areas in your furnishings. They will no longer look like they actually should be! We provide the best cleaning assistant who can keep the fabrics of your lavished furnishings looking like new.
The Best Way to Clean TheUpholstery
When did you schedule your sofa or upholstery cleaning last time? Do you want to keep such lavished furnishing in its best shape and make it look like new? Are you wondering what the best way to keep such soft furniture clean? It is always a wise idea to get it clean with a professional cleaning hand. We are professional upholstery cleaners, and we have the right equipment, skill, and experience to clean and sanitize your sofas or upholstery furniture with ease. No need to be worried about the damage when you rely on our sofa cleaning expert in Fulham. To lift and remove dirt, dust, oil, and allergens from fabrics, we use a cutting-edge Steam cleaning or hot carbonating extraction process.In addition, we use industrial dryers in the drying process.We guarantee that your furniture will be dry and ready to use in a matter of hours.So you can get back to your regular schedule as soon as possible, and you won’t have to worry about moisture-related damage to your furniture.
Regular sofa or upholstery cleaning is always a good idea. However, are you looking for a specialized sofa or upholstery cleaning team in Fulham or Hammersmith W6? We can help you to keep your lavished furniture looking new, healthier, and hygiene.